October 28, 2020•184 words
I try to be good about journaling daily (though I do admit it comes and goes in waves.). I tend to not have open ended journal entries. Instead, I use journaling as a tool that focuses me on the most important themes for my on own personal growth. The format is pretty simple: I select 5-8 questions that I ask myself daily. These questions should be able to be completed within 5-10 minutes. The questions are specifically aimed at areas I am weak, or need to be stronger, and as such, they tend to evolve over time. I have found it to be a pretty useful mechanism for daily reflection and accountability and believe I can attribute at least a percentage of my own personal growth to the practice.
What I currently ask myself
- What is the most impactful thing you did yesterday?
- Where did you stumble yesterday?
- What are you grateful for?
- What was your best parenting moment yesterday?
- What's the deepest question you aren't focusing on? Why?
- What's your top thing to get done today?